Slovenia has a small highly globalised economy, with no restriction for foreign investment and with excellent quality of educated workforce.
STRATEGIC LOCATION, GREAT CONNECTIONS
Slovenia is located in Central Europe with excellent connection to central EU markets in one side and southeastern markets, especially Balkan on the other side.
- Located in Center of Europe, on the crossroads of east, west, north and south.
- Easy to reach and connect to EU markets.
- Connect Central Europe with the Mediterranean Sea.
- It has important role in Pan-European transport corridor.
EDUCATED PEOPLE WITH STRONG WORK ETHICS
Slovenia has high quality of educated workforce with knowledge of foreign languages and high work ethics.
- Highly educated and skilled workforce:
- 84% of people have finished secondary educations.
- More that 34% are involved in tertiary educational programs.
- Western-German mentality and work ethics.
- Modern and internationally certified education System.
- Slovenians are one of the most Multilanguage EU citizens – Slovenians speak at least 3 languages – English, German, France, Italian, Croatian-Serbian.
STABLE AND SAFE SOCIAL COUNTRY
Slovenia is one of the safest countries, with high social protection and low crime and terrorism statistic.
- Part of European union and led by strict European union law with control of EU on all fields.
- A social country (excellent health system and education system are covered by government).
- Business cost of terrorism, crime and diseases are very low (top ten by Global Competitiveness report 2016).
- High protection of investors (Global Competitiveness Report 2016).
Slovenia is small developed economy with large exporting sector and strong innovation power.
- One of the most developed country – very high level of development (25th place- higher than Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg and Finland and right behind Italy, Spain, and Czech Republic).
- Slovenia is in group of strong innovators (following France, Austria and Belgium).
- Most industrialized country of the former Yugoslavia.
BUSINESS AND SUPPORT INFRASTRUCTURE IN SLOVENIA
In Slovenia starting a business is fast and simple with good quality of support infrastructure.
- Starting a business is fast and simple (only 6 days are needed for starting a business (3 place by Doing Business Report 2016).
- Telephone line coverage and internet connection coverage is high.
- Slovenia has the lowest cost (0.0) for starting the business (top country by Doing Business Report 2016).
- Highly protected minority shareholder’s (top 10 countries by Doing Business Report 2016).